May 18, 2020
Advisory to: ALL VCS PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Subject: School Opening, Enrollment Period , VCS Plans and
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As Veritas Catholic School prepares for the School Year 2020 – 2021, we would like to inform you of our first Institutional Advisory.
- SCHOOL OPENING
OFFICIAL SCHOOL OPENING OF CLASSES:
Grades 1 – 12 – AUGUST 5, 2020
Nursery and Kindergarten – AUGUST 24, 2020
The August 5 opening onwards will be allocated to Parents and Students Orientation / Training via Google meet/ Zoom Conference and online classes.
- ONGOING ENROLLMENT PERIOD
The school started accepting enrollment last April 22, 2020 via online registration for OLD AND NEW STUDENTS.
Please be reminded to follow the online enrollment procedure as the school Registrar makes the list of all the students registered and enrolled. As an assurance that your child’s name is in the official list of enrollees for the coming school year, the Registrar will notify all parents and guardians through the email you provided during the registration period.
Please register NOW to ensure your child a SLOT as VCS will adhere to a small number of student – teacher ratio following the physical distancing inside the classroom.
- VCS PLANS for SY 2020- 2021
Veritas Catholic School as a Digital/ SMART School is responsive to the call of the health situation and committed to ensure that VCS learners continue to receive quality Catholic education amidst the uncertainties brought by COVID-19.
VCS would like to assure our parents and guardians that the school is prepared and capable in facing the “New Normal in Education.”
As a start, this is the direction of VCS:
- Christian Living, as the core of the curriculum in Catholic education, has adapted the necessary changes integrating the blended learning method into its curriculum and will continue to nourish and sustain your children in their holistic formation emulating Christ as their model.
- The Curriculum Implementation and Learning Management Matrix K-12 of DepEd will be followed by VCS focusing on the most essential competencies.
- The Digital Learning Program as the identity of the school when it comes to academic innovation will be in full implementation from Nursery up to Grade 12.
- Veritas will adapt Blended Learning via Face-to-Face and Online Classes as the school’s mode of Learning Delivery of our Regular Program .
- Distance Learning Program will also be offered as an Alternative Learning System under Flexible Learning Options by DepEd.
- There will be a Video Conference via Zoom hosted by VECASPA (Veritas Catholic School Parents Association) with some members of the Academic Council as we give you an update on how the VCS community is preparing with the New Normal in education. – in full detail
- Announcement of our Grade 6 and 12 Academic and Special Awards and FULLY AWARDS for Nursery to Grade 5 and Grade 7 – 11 will be posted in our Official FB Page on May 20, 2020.- in details
- List of e-books/ physical books, instructional materials such as LMS, Modules, Chromebook for incoming Grade 7 and High School new students will be ready by June 30, 2020.
- Requests for academic documents will be entertained once the community quarantine is lifted. – guideline
- Regular operation of the school will resume once the community quarantine is lifted unless the local government or DepEd will have directives or regulations that must be observed by the school. We will advise the schedule of office hours.- guideline v
Any inquiries during the period of community quarantine can be coursed through our official VCS website www.veritasschool.edu.ph or to the Office of the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries on enrollment and registration, you may contact Ms. Emily Sulanguit, School Registrar, at 83580255 (Globe landline) or through her mobile numbers 09182710739 and 09560590248 or send an email to email@example.com.
For any financial clarification and inquiries, you may contact Mr. George L. Jimenez at 09175901022 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As one VCS Family, we care for each other and understand the situation that all of us are facing. The school is reviewing the fees for this coming school year and we will let you know once there are changes.
Let us be united that we will surpass this COVID – 19 Pandemic with prayers and trust to the Lord.
VCS SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION