August 4, 2020
Advisory to: ALL VCS RETURNING PARENTS AND GUARDIANS and
NEW PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Subject: ORIENTATION PROGRAM FOR SY 2020 – 2021 AND OTHER
Dear VCS Parents and Guardians,
Please be guided with this latest advisory before the start of the Online Classes on August 24, 2020 for Grades 1 – 12:
- ORIENTATION PROGRAM
Veritas Catholic School has prepared a Comprehensive Orientation Program for parents, guardians and students for the School Year 2020 – 2021. It covers the entire VCS Program for SY 2020 – 2021 which all are aligned to the New Normal in Education and a full detail of the Online Distance Learning Program as the learning delivery mode in our Learning Continuity Plan.
Please join us in this Virtual Orientation Program via Google Meet on your child’s grade level specific schedule.
Objectives of the Program:
- To orient the parents, guardians and students about the VCS Program for SY 2020 -2021
- To prepare the parents, guardians and students on the implementation of the VCS Online Distance Learning Program as the learning delivery for School Year 2020 -2021 in facing the New Normal in Education.
AUGUST 10 – 11, 2020 is the GENERAL ORIENTATION
- Protocol and Guidelines in compliance with DepEd, DOH and IATF
- 2020 – 2021 Program
- Online Distance Learning Program
|August 10||Grade 1, 2 & 3||8:30 am- 10:30am|
|Grade 4||1:00pm – 3:00 pm|
|Grade 5 & 6||3:15 pm – 5 :00pm|
|August 11||Grade 7 & 8||8:30 am – 10:30 am|
|Grade 9 & 10||10:30 – 12:00 pm|
|Grade 11 & 12||1:30 – 3:00 pm|
August 12 -14 , 2020 – TRAINING AND SIMULATION
- Deployment and Training on VCS Official Gmail login account
- Simulation on the VCS Learning Management System
- Orientation on Digital Tools ( e-books & digital modules )
|August 12||Grade 1, 2 & 3||8:00 am- 11:00am|
|Grade 4||1:00 – 3:00 pm|
|August 13||Grades 5 & 6||8:30 – 10:30 am|
|Grades 7 & 8||1:30 – 3:30 pm|
|August 14||Grades 9 & 10||8:30 – 10:30 am|
|Grade 11 & 12||1:30 – 3:30 pm|
AUGUST 17 – 20, 2020 – CLASS DEMO
- Online Class Demonstration with students’ participation for each grade level both Synchronous and Asynchronous
|August 17||Grade 1||8:30 – 10:00 a.m.|
|Grade 2||10:15 – 11:45 a.m.|
|Grade 3||1:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
|August 18||Grade 4||8:30a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
|Grade 5||10:30 a.m. – 11:45a.m.|
|Grade 6||1:30p.m. – 3:00p.m.|
|August 19||Grade 7||8:30a.m. – 10:00 a.m.|
|Grade 8||10:30 a.m. – 11:45a.m.|
|Grade 9||1:30 – 3:00 pm|
|August 20||Grade 10||10:15 – 11:45 am|
|Grade 11||8:30 – 10:00 am|
|Grade 12||1:30 -3:00|
The Google Meet ID will be sent through your child’s official VCS Gmail account. For the new parents/ guardians whose child doesn’t have an official VCS Gmail account, the Google Meet ID will be sent through the email address you declared during the online registration. Once you receive the Google Meet ID, please acknowledge it by replying to the adviser. We are requesting all parents/ guardians not to share the ID as this is exclusive for VCS parents/ guardians only.
II . OTHER REMINDERS:
- For Nursery and Kindergarten Orientation, the schedule will be on August 24 – 28, 2020. Online class will start on Sept. 1, 2020. A separate invitation to all parents/ guardians will be sent by the adviser through an email.
- Parents may use any gadget such as android phone, laptop, tablet, iphone, iPad, etc. during Parents Orientation only as long as it has Google Meet app. You may ask assistance from your child’s class adviser when it comes to installing and joining Google Meet.
- Enrollment for SY 2020 – 2021 is still ongoing.
Looking forward to a Virtual Journey with you as we walk, work and worship together in facing this new school year.
Always stay safe and be strong.
VERITAS CATHOLIC SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION
SY 2020 -2021